Saturday 23 February 2008

Slow but sure

It is now one whole week since my discharge from hospital, and being at home has been very good for me. But I am unbelievably fragile and weak, and my activities are severely restricted. Basically I am allowed to do NOTHING!!!! As an independent person I find it very difficult to have to rely on others all the time, but if I am to recover properly I have no choice. And I am so very fortunate in having loving family and friends around me helping me at every step of the way. I am able to take a short walk each day, and my dear friends are almost fighting over the 'privilege' to walk with me. Now I know how it feels to be a family dog- treasured and loved in equal measure but actually quite useless. I feel much better in myself, but I still do have a lot of pain from the wounds of the surgery, and I suppose I will just have to put up with this until the healing process is much further advanced.
Yesterday I visited my GP and she examined me. Apparently everything looks good and she is very satisfied with my progress. She gave me prescriptions for all the medication I need for the next month, and I went to the pharmacist with my requirements. I came away with a huge sack of drugs, which I have to sort into morning and evening doses over the next few weeks.
I don't suppose I will have much to write about over the next few days, but I will post news of any real progress.
I will be back!!!!!