Monday 12 May 2008

BACK TO NORMAL!!!! Just where I belong


Hello again. I'm beginning to feel that I am slowly getting 'back to normal', yet I realise I don't really know what exactly that means! Over the last few weeks I've started back to work on a part-time basis, I've returned to rehearsals with the band, I'm driving regularly, but I still feel like an invalid. I'm not yet fully recovered from the surgery, I still have pain and there are still activities which are forbidden to me, notably golf! I've been told that I should be able to return to golf 'in June' but without specific advice as to when. SO I've decided that June starts on the 1st and that's when I can go back. I will start on the 1st by hitting some balls on the practice range and then play a gentle round at Dukes Meadows. I shall continue practice through the week and intend playing in my society medal competition on the 7th. I will drive round the course to preserve my energy, so watch this space for a report in due course.
Last weekend I twice visited my club at Pine Ridge to watch both my society and The Titans finishing their competitions. The weather was beautiful, and I enjoyed being in the company of many friends and acquaintances. It was a little painful being just a spectator, but knowing that I should be back very soon helped ease the 'pain'.
I'm still attending my regular rehabilitation class at Charing Cross Hospital, and they seem to be satisfied with my progress. Tomorrow I am seeing the cardiologist and renal consultant for a full update, and I'll write something about the outcome in the next day or two. Let's hope it's all good news.
Thanks again to all of you for your kind words and valued support. I'll keep writing if you'll keep reading!!!