Sunday 9 March 2008

False alarm - hopefully!

In my last posting I wrote about my being 'summoned' to the hospital because of concerns about my kidney function. I attended last week, and went through a series of tests to measure the exact position. It seems that the concern was based on results from Hammersmith Hospital just before I was discharged and that, by now, I may have recovered more kidney function. I don't have the results yet; they will come next week, but I feel reasonably confident that I will have recovered to close to my pre-operative state, and that there will be no need to consider further treatment (dialysis) at this time.
When I receive the results I will post a further entry, but, hopefully there will be very little to report.
What I can say is that I am improving day by day. My strength is gradually returning, and am beginning to feel like my old self. There is still some pain from the significant wound in my chest, but it has greatly reduced and I can almost feel it getting better. I'm now able to sleep reasonably well, and this also makes me feel better than I was. AND I have been able to start doing some useful work at the computer, so I now feel more useful than I have done for some weeks. It is not easy being so totally dependent as I have been up to now, but with some actual work I now feel I am beginning to take my place again as a contributing member of society!
Let's hope that this now continues without any setbacks.