Wednesday 15 April 2009

A SECOND OPINION???

After the successful result of my x-ray my doc suggests that the problem seems to be muscular, and that I should consider physiotherapy. I'm not sure about the potential benefit, but I will give it a go and see if I can get any real relief. I don't have a great deal of faith in physiotherapy for this kind of thing but I must explore every avenue to achieve a more comfortable life.
Meanwhile, and by total coincidence I met a hospital doctor and decided to go against my usual 'better' judgment and asked for an informal opinion. She said that she wasn't surprised by my ongoing discomfort, and that it would not be unusual for the healing process to take up to 18 months after major surgery. I find that heartening even though it may mean continuing pain for a while longer. I am happy to be in the 'normal' scheme of things; I don't want to be exceptional.
Anyway let's see how things develop over the next couple of months.